1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to NSW residents aged 18 years or older.
3. Directors, management, employees, officers and contractors (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Promotion commences on 2/03/2020 and closes 11:59pm AEST on 30/06/2020 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To enter, eligible entrants must become a new 12-month digital subscriber to newcastleherald.com.au with full digital access with the Winter sports promotion via newcastleherald.com.au/lovesport by the competition cut-off of 11:59pm Tuesday, June 30.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
10. The draw will take place at The Senior, 16A Mildon Road Tuggerah 2259 by an ACM representative on Wednesday July 1st at 12:00pm AEST. The Promoter reserves the right to draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
11. The winner will be notified in writing via email and their name(s) will be published in the Newcastle Herald within five (5) business days.
12. If there are any unclaimed or un-awarded prizes a prize draw will be conducted on Wednesday August 5 at the same time and place as the original draw. If a winner is drawn they will be contacted in writing within two (2) business days and will have their name published in The Canberra Times within five (5) business days.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The first valid entry drawn will win a table of 10 in the Knights Corporate Lounge at the Newcastle Knights vs Sea Eagles game on Saturday August 15th at McDonald Jones Stadium Broadmeadow, valued at $2,500. Prize includes: Four-hour drinks package, including beer, wine and soft drinks, Live entertainment including musicians, executive welcome, special guests and player interviews, Indoor table seating and outdoor undercover seating, Shared entrée plates, pub-style main meal and half-time pies., Located from the 40m line through to the Southern try line in the Eastern Grandstand, Stadium car parking
15. Prize consists of tickets only and does not include transportation to and from venue or any accommodation. Winner and their guests will be responsible for their own travel to and from the venue.
16. The prize is subject to any relevant venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restriction. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject the winner (and/or their guests) for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize.
17. If for any reason the winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
18. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to the directions of any regulatory authority.
19. Total prize pool value is up to $2,500. Prize, or any unused portion, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
20. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
21. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate, subject to the directions of any regulatory authority.
22. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
23. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
24. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
26. The promoter is Rural Press Pty Ltd (Owner of the Newcastle Herald) ABN 47 000 010 382 of 159 Bells Line of Rd, North Richmond, NSW, 2754.
Authorised under NSW Permit Number LTPM/20/42620