Your new company
Open Arms, the mental health branch of the Department of Veteran Affairs is a responsive and flexible organisation, efficiently delivering high quality, connected services to all generations of veterans and the wider veteran community. Open arms are offering mental health qualified candidates the opportunity to join a collaborative and supportive team.
Your new role
The opportunity is a fulltime position offering $60p/h plus super. The role required is shift work with availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and fulltime availability (75 hours a fortnight). You will receive additional penalty rates for hours worked outside standard business hours.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Triaging and coordinating intakes and referral of clients to the regions for allocation to services.
- Provision of high quality clinical mental health services including assessment and referral, evidence based phone counselling, and crisis case management.
- Provision of specialised counselling intervention tools and models dependent on client needs and ensuring work is carried out to a high standard of professionalism, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensuring effective and efficient intake for clients, group and/or case management services.
- Ensuring risk assessment and safety planning is completed during intake calls and appropriate follow up action taken.
- Excellent IT skills and extensive experience and proficiency utilising Government IT Systems and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders in relation to follow-up actions in coordinating care for cases identified at intake as required.
- Provide brief telephone intervention to clients in distress who may require immediate clinical support.
- Ensuring that cases identified as complex or high-risk are referred to the Assistant Directors for follow-up and referral, where relevant.
- Appropriate record-keeping and documentation regarding management of intakes identified risk cases.
- Provision of high level clinical guidance and advice.
- Assisting in the development of Client Assist Contact Centre policy and procedures where relevant.
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Passion for providing an exceptional service
- Desire to assist people in need
- Experienced in mental health preferred
- Qualifications as either;
- a Registered Psychologist
- Mental health Occupational Therapist
- Mental Health Registered Nurse with full AHPRA registration
- Qualifications as a Social Worker eligible for membership of the Australian Association Social Workers (AASW) and be eligible to apply for Mental Health accreditation.
- Working with Children (WWC) and/or Vulnerable People Checks/Clearance
What you'll get in return
- Competitive rate of $60/hour
- Full time role, 12-month contract initially (with the view to extend)
- Brisbane CBD location
- Three weeks of training in both classroom and practical style learning
- You will be joining a well-regarded Federal Government agency which supports ADF Veterans
- Participate in a collaborative and supportive team
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email Lachlan.email@example.com [mailto:Lachlan.firstname.lastname@example.org] If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2645925