About Hunter Water: Hunter Water Corporation delivers valued water, wastewater and associated services to Newcastle and the greater Hunter region. Their purpose is to improve and enable the quality of life for our communities. Hunter Water has recently released their “Towards 2024” Business Plan. The Towards 2024 plan has four strategic priority areas which will form the focus of their work and efforts over the next four years:
- Customers and communities at the heart of all we do,
- Delivering sustainable, resilient and valued services,
- Building a high performing and resilient organisation, and
- Being a valued contributor to our stakeholder.
Hunter Water prides themselves on their values, which assists them with guiding their decisions, and balancing their priorities in order to help them achieve their vision. It is part of everything they do. Their values include:
Reporting to the Manager of Financial Accounting, we are seeking a Capital Accountant who will be responsible for delivering strong commercial insight and understanding into achieving strategic operational business outcomes, with a focus on the financial management of capital projects. This will include preparation and communication of timely and accurate monthly forecasting and reporting, whilst also supporting the annual budget preparation. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the efficient delivery of the capital program and understanding linkages between capital and operating expenditure. They will work closely with the numerous operational groups within the organisation to deliver on the key business objectives. This is a full-time, fixed term 10-month role that would suit an accountant with a public practice background that is looking to take on their first commercial accounting role.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting and collaborating with the Manager of Financial Accounting in the preparation and presentation of high-quality reports, including insightful analysis of performance against capital and operating budgets.
- Provisioning of financial advice and support to Business Managers, in particular the preparation of detailed forecasts with trend analysis, and pre-empting of potential issues, advising accordingly.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets in accordance with the strategic business plan.
- Building strong working relationships with senior leadership and promote a team focused, proactive approach to information sharing.
- Understanding of quality assurance requirements associated with labour and material capitalisation and capital project management requirements whilst building an in-depth knowledge of accounting capitalisation rules.
- Assist with the calculation and analysis of operational costs and trends to satisfy internal management and external reporting requirements to NSW Treasury, Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunals etc.
Essentially you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Commerce, or equivalent related discipline.
- Have obtained CPA or CA designation or working towards designation.
- Substantial knowledge of accounting policies and practices.
- High level proficiency in MS office and digital workplace.
- Strong planning and organisational skill with a proven conceptual and analytical skillset.
- 35 hour working week with a rostered RD0 once per month
- Health and Fitness Membership - Fitness Passport
- Get the balance right – flexible working options in hybrid arrangement
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then apply now. Please include your current resume as well as an expression of interest speaking to this opportunity.
If you have any enquiries outside the information presented above, please call Simon Rutten on 0447 718 446
Monica Clare Recruitment supports their employees and wider community by building an inclusive, culturally capable and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from people that identify with a disability, LGBTIQ+, refugees, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander or that come from culturally diverse backgrounds. Monica Clare strongly believes in dismantling barriers faced by minority groups. We embrace opportunities to contribute, learn and educate so that the experiences of our clients, candidates and community are fair, equal and respectful. We acknowledge and pay our respects to the Traditional Owners of the land on which we work and live. We pay our respects to the First Peoples of this country, their culture and Elders past, present and emerging. We recognise that this land was and always will be Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander land because sovereignty was never ceded.