Established in 2016, our Home Instead Rockdale office is the trusted choice for in-home care and companionship services in Sydney’s Inner South Western Suburbs. We are committed to making a positive difference in the lives of local seniors and their families and we take pride in every aspect of their care to ensure they have access to the best quality care services and support they need to continue living, safely, independently and happily in the comfort of their own home.
Are you looking for work where you can make a real difference in seniors lives enabling them to remain living independently at home? We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Case Manager who is caring and compassionate, self-motivated, energetic and is looking for a position that has variety and offers an opportunity for ongoing professional development.
The person filling this role will be responsible for developing and growing from the ground up the Home Care Package side of our business. It is an exciting opportunity to join a small but growing home care company.
About this role:
- Build relationships of trust with perspective and existing clients and their families.
- Meet with prospective clients and their families to understand their goals, current needs and provide solutions or home care services including creating robust and personalised care plans.
- Conduct regular quality assurance visits with clients in person and over the phone to ensure the highest level of care is being attained while also determining any changing needs or requirement for additional services.
- Ensure that clients’ changing needs and preferences continue to be supported by working together with the clients, client families and representatives and their CAREGivers.
- Be knowledgeable about a wide range of resources and local services so that you can inform clients and or a client’s family or representative about a range of tailored resources or services to meet any specific needs.
- Build relationships and communicate regularly with other health service providers and/or local referral sources to build and ensure awareness of the range of support and services that Home Instead can provide within our local community.
- You are an RN with experience in case planning/case management within the home care sector. You will be able to provide clinical oversight for our emerging Home Care Package program.
- Experience in identifying appropriate services or resources to support the different needs of individual clients
- Confidence and capability in managing Home Care Packages, including budgets, signing up new clients, signing up new ASP's.
- Ability to advocate and liaise confidently with other service providers on behalf of clients
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and be proficient in the use of computers.
- A professional demeanour that creates a favourable first impression that puts people at ease; building into a trusting relationship.
- Effective interpersonal skills as well as sound judgement and good decision-making skills.
- Have a valid driver’s license and own car
- Be an effective communicator with excellent customer service skills and demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Have a strong understanding and knowledge about the Australian Aged Care standards, community home care and Home Care Packages.
- Be highly efficient and organised with proven time management skills.
- Demonstrate accurate data entry and experience in the use of MS Office.
- A sense of humour!
What we offer:
- A rewarding career where you can make a positive difference in the lives of seniors and their families.
- A welcome and supportive working environment.
- Comprehensive orientation and ongoing training and professional development program.
- A company that recognises and appreciates the value of the work that you do.
- Opportunity to work for a company that is locally owned and operated but also part of a national and global network.
- Be part of a small but growing company