We’re looking for Newcastle based childcare photographers.
Have you ever said the expression “for some reason kids seem to love me….?” If so, we want you!At Playgroup Photos we welcome all passionate photographers to join our skilled and highly motivated team of quirky pirates and fairies (or whatever you have always wanted to be). We are looking for those of you who are children at heart and/or who seem to attract the kids at any gathering, regardless of if you put your hand up for the job or not. And if this happens to sound like you, great news… You can finally get paid for it and further develop your set of photography skills along the way.
The Ideal Applicant must:
- Be relaxed, calm, confident & compassionate around children (and adults)
- You’re friendly, fun & adaptable.
- You have a passion for photography.
- You have the ability to learn and apply our photography fundamentals to your own skill set to produce results
- You’re an energetic & pragmatic team player at heart with a good sense of humour
- Works with natural light
As a member of our childcare photography team, you’re capable of working alongside others as well as being relied upon to continue to develop and maintain the relationships we have formed with our childcare clients. Through your own photography you’ll strive to deliver a consistent level of image quality and composition both our clients and their families associate with our brand.
- You will be attending childcare centres & Kindergarten’s on weekday mornings to photograph young children & staff.·
- You will photograph each child individually (and with siblings), in different poses within the centre environment using either Vinyl backdrops or the natural surrounds.·
- You may also be required to take group photos of the children in classes with their educators.· You will upload the select images for each day – that’s it.
We are flexible and happy to accommodate for the perfect candidates & all necessary training & accreditation will be provided to you by Playgroup Photos. Our pay rate is based on experience, and there's enormous potential for growth within our current expansion as we are now servicing childcare centres across New South Wales & South East Queensland.
- You are confident using a professional camera in manual mode and have a sound, working knowledge of your photographic equipment·
- Be able to work under pressure and within time restraints·
- Have a functioning computer with a reliable internet connection
- You use or have a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom and/or Bridge.
- Have a driver's licence and be able to travel across The Hunter Valley in a reliable vehicle
- You are available to be on location from 8am - 1pm weekdays.
- A current ABN as well as a valid Working with Children Check
If you're interested, we'd love to chat with you.
Please attach your resumé via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A sample of work is a bonus, but not a must. If you have previous experience with other companies, we understand you may not have your own photos to share.
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted moving forward.