About the Role
Working on a rotating 4 days/nights ON/ 4 days/nights OFF roster, this role will have the responsibility for the operation of the coal and ash plant at Millmerran Power Station, ensuring the plant operates at maximum availability and efficiency. This will include maintenance activities within your competencies and qualifications and/or the flexibility in this role to support the maintenance activities when required.
Key Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Work closely with the maintenance team to achieve plant performance targets.
• Operate the plant effectively to the set standards.
• Operate, inspect, isolate, clean, maintain, and repair machinery and equipment to your level of competency.
• Utilise the computerised maintenance management system to create, manage, complete, and enter history against work orders.
• Prepare and participate in the preparation of risk assessments, work method statements and / or job safety analysis.
• Work to minimise wastage of spares and consumables.
• Work to optimise operating and maintenance costs.
• Have active communication lines to management.
The key skills and attributes required to be successful in this role include:
• Minimum of five years' experience as an Electrician in an industrial environment
• Certificate III in Engineering – Electrical with prefernence of instrumentation
• Operations or SCADA experience in running a Coal, Ash or processing plant
We acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please click apply button on this page. Please upload your resume and copies of your relevant licences, tickets, and qualifications
Position Reference Number: 141489