- 4 Months Contract
- Macquarie Park
- Attractive Daily Rate
Looking for an experienced Geotechnical Engineer to support the delivery of improved geotechnical engineering solutions in transport infrastructure and manage current and future technical risk across the cluster. The primary purpose of this position is to:
- Provide a geotechnical engineering consulting service to clients by undertaking design, analyses, field and/or laboratory investigations, interpretations, desktop studies, and by providing reports and advice.
- Contribute to the management of geotechnical risk in transport infrastructure projects by undertaking field investigations, gathering and analysing geotechnical data and incorporating this information into the provision of advice on designs solutions and developing specifications and contracts.
- Provide effective geotechnical engineering solutions by managing the collection of appropriate data and observations, undertaking appropriate analyses and interpretations, applying scientific and engineering principles and drawing valid conclusions.
- Support the manager in the day to day operation of the team by coaching less experienced staff, providing technical oversight and work allocation, managing contractors and consultants and managing budget for own projects.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new technologies and systems, researching worldwide technical and scientific developments and undertaking business development and improvement projects
Key knowledge and experience
Demonstrated extensive knowledge and experience in the design and technical review of geotechnical structures and the development, documentation and implementation of standards and specifications for the design, construction of such structures for transport infrastructure projects.
- A four-year engineering degree from an Australian University or equivalent overseas qualifications
- Possess a valid Australian motor vehicle driver’s license and be willing to work outside regular working hours and travel on occasion.
You must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
For more information please call Marian on 0422 246 989 or email your resume to Marian.Antony@2xmrecruit.com.au