The second busiest airport in the state, Newcastle Airport is jointly owned by the City of Newcastle and Port Stephens Council and plays a central role in the region continuing to flourish and achieve its full potential.
On Friday 6th May 2021, The Prime Minster of Australia, The Hon. Scott Morrison announced an investment of $66 million into upgrading Newcastle Airport connecting the rest of the world to the people and businesses of the Hunter, Central Coast and Northern NSW.
In May 2020, the NSW Government named Williamtown as the location for a new Special Activation Precinct (SAP), adjacent to the Airport and RAAF Base Williamtown known as Astra Aerolab. This is set to ultimately deliver 5,500 new jobs and global connectivity, providing access to world-leading education and learning, remarkable spaces and experiences.
With these two exciting developments underway, this is an exciting time to join Newcastle Airport and be part of this growth.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an HR Coordinator to support the HR & Organisational Development Manager in this pivotal role. This is a positive HR environment that partners and supports across all levels of the organisation.
With a focus on proactive HR strategies, the key focus of this role will encompass the following:
- High level HR administrative support including contract preparation, drafting HR documents and updating and maintaining systems and records
- Coordination of training and maintaining the learning management system
- Onboarding new employees, including coordination of new starter material, inductions and the probation review process
- End-to-end recruitment support, including liaising with external agencies, candidate management, coordinating and attending interviews and arranging probity checks, and coordinating approvals
- Supporting the performance management and review process, to help drive a high performance culture
- Coordinating the employee rewards and recognition program, health and wellbeing program and a variety of other initiatives.
- Working alongside the HR & OD Manager to deliver HR strategic objectives and provide HR advice to the business
Ideally you will have the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in HR (degree or diploma) or part way through your qualification
- A minimum of 6 months experience in an administrative/customer service role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships at all levels
- Positive, proactive and results driven approach
- Demonstrated ability to safeguard and maintain confidential information;
- Advanced MS Office skills – particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Work with a positive, proactive HR Manager and be an integral member of the team
- Gain experience and professional development support in a true generalist role
- Be part of cohesive, engaging environment with access to Senior Leadership
- The opportunity to generate ideas, use initiative and make this role your own
- Corporate fitness program, health and wellbeing initiatives, additional paid leave (parental leave, picnic day and an extra week of personal/carer’s leave)
- Join a fun, collaborative, flexible and supportive team environment
Please submit your application by following the links below. To speak with a consultant about this opportunity please reach out to Deanna Saffioti on 0455 045 988.