Is a leading and longstanding accredited services provider for insurance repairs and disaster relief. As a preferred builder within Australia's leading insurance companies, we have an enviable track record with our clients, continually providing competitive, reliable and quality service.
We are seeking a self-motivated and experienced Estimator located in Central Coast to assess and estimate on a number of residential properties, apartment complexes and commercial, retail and industrial premises on the Central Coast.This role plays a pivotal role within their business and is responsible for creating detailed scope of works for insurance building projects in line with insurance company policies and requirements. You will prepare accurate cost estimates against each scope of works created.
You will present in a positive and polite manner with the ability to be empathetic to the needs of the customer and contribute to the company’s excellent reputation for high level customer service.
Your strong time management skills with the ability to coordinate several priorities at any one time with a calm and professional approach will ensure your success in the role.
Essential skills for the position:
- Strong technical building knowledge with trade qualification
- Previous experience scoping and estimating insurance, remedial and new build construction projects
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks at once in a busy & diverse environment
- Strong time and organisational management skills with the ability to work autonomously
- Strong computer skills essential including experience using Tablets and Microsoft Suite
- Ability to learn new systems is essential
- Availability for regional and interstate travel required to assist other offices especially during Catastrophe Events
- Open drivers licence with no restrictions
- Effectively interpret insurance policy ensuring assessment reports to determine insurable and non-insurable repairs
- Prepare clear and concise assessment reports detailing all aspects of the claim for utilisation by customers, insurers, subcontractors and administration staff
- Develop detailed scope of works, accurate bills of quantities and fair and reasonable cost estimates on construction projects
- Excellent attention to detail
- Operate within the company’s established Health, Safety & Quality Management policies and procedures
If you are ready to join a company that knows how to create a cohesive working culture, have fun and offers autonomy, then we encourage you to hit the APPLY button.