Project Engineer (Signalling)
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Type of role: Permanent
Salary: $166,635 (Base +Super)
We are partnered with an expanding and modernised rail business who are involved in world-class projects. They are looking for a Project Engineer to manage the design and delivery of the Signalling and systems works to support the delivery of Inland rail scope of works in the nominated section of Victoria within the scheduled timeframe and budget.
If you have the below skills, then please get in contact today:
- Working on management of signalling services and oversee design development and delivery of site works and be responsible for program scheduling, cost control, procurement as well as supporting the Project Manager to ensure key project deliverables of cost, time and quality are met.
- Plan and delivery of projects in on time and on budget.
- Coordinating signalling relocation designs with civil/structural designs to resolve clashes and design relocations
- Engaging with relevant stakeholders and clients
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and external service providers.
- Contribute to the development of detailed project plans or develop the plan for projects to support the Project Manager in completing projects on time, to cost and quality standards.
- Report to the Project Manager regarding the status and performance of design and delivery components of projects so a collaborative approach can be taken to address issues.
- Provide support and input to achieve Inland Rail stage gate process.
- Provide project engineering support in the different phases of project cycle commencing from design development, contractor procurement, construction, commissioning, and handover of the project.
- Participate in project reviews and undertake other duties as requested.
- Ensure compliance with Safety Management System (SMS) and Environmental Management System (EMS) requirements, responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities.
- Promote a positive safety culture within the team to conform with current Work Health and Safety (WH&S) and relevant Rail Safety legislation.
- Manage employees and contract resources assigned to the position;
- Ensure that quality control within the work team is planned and performed correctly
- Ensure the design and construction phase process (primarily related to signalling) is managed in consultation with internal and external stakeholders. Ensure the design consultant / contractor provides deliverables as per the contract agreement, the deliverables meet the project requirements.
- As per project requirements managing interface with operations, corridor managers, external stakeholders including local councils, community and state agencies where required and design and delivery contractors.
- Ensure project scope, quality, cost, and time outcomes are achieved in line with Project objectives.
- Provide reports to the Project Manager about human, plant and equipment requirements for components of projects to facilitate resourcing according to project plans.
- Ensure fair and equitable workplace practices and behaviours are complied with, creating a discrimination free workplace in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Ensure that policies and procedures that relate to human resource management and occupational health safety and welfare are effectively practiced and administered within the respective work site.
- Ensure that injuries are properly reported, and that any injured employees are provided both a safe and timely return to work
The incumbent will effectively support the Project Manager by costing, scoping and development of project measures to resolve internal project delivery issues. The incumbent will also demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders to ensure required Inland Rail Project outcomes are achieved.
The incumbent will demonstrate ability to engage, consult, negotiate with external stakeholders, contractors and suppliers to ensure work is prioritised and delivered on time to appropriate safety, budget and quality standards.
Communication: clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Customer Focus: making customers and their requirements a primary focus; developing and maintaining positive client relationships.
Safety orientation: ability to understand and apply safety management principles, in accordance with our clients Work Health and Safety (WH&S) policy and relevant rail safety legislation.
Work Standards: setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Quality Orientation: accomplishing task considering all areas involved ensuring standards and processes are maintained; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
Planning & Organising: establishing course of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently and effectively.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, management or an appropriate discipline and / or relevant industry experience.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in Road or Rail infrastructure projects.
- Experience of working on State agencies projects.
- Knowledge of or an awareness of Work Health and Safety principles and relevant safety legislation
- Experience in the administration and management of delivery of capital works projects.
- Demonstrable ability to work in an organized, well-ordered manner.
- Highly developed written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Highly developed problem resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commercial acumen.
- Drivers Licence.
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Experience in tendering and negotiation of contracts of varying complexities
- Experience in the delivery of rail signalling projects in a brownfield environment
- Sound knowledge of;
- Railway systems & signalling standards
- Australian Standards for track infrastructure including TA20
- Austroads Standards
- VicRoads Standards
If you are interested, please get in touch at Megan.email@example.com OR 0423 544 554