- Contracts are $75 & 85 per hour + super
- 6 months in length
- Newcastle location
Looking for multiple Project Managers to join a State Government team in Newcastle.
In this role you would be required to manage the delivery of assigned infrastructure projects ranging in low to medium risk and complexity to ensure targets, expectations and requirements are all met.
What will you be doing?
- Deliver civil works projects, contributing to planning, scoping and implementation of projects, ensuring project activities are achieved within budget, scope and to key performance measures and comply with best practice project management and safety principles to achieve client satisfaction targets and provide excellent client service.
- Facilitate input from team members and other stakeholders and prepare Project Plans.
- Contribute to the preparation of bid proposals and participate as part of a bid team for significant proposals to contribute to business performance.
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of industry trends and practices, and Government policies and regulations and apply these to project work.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement contribute to team development and professional development, and propose new approaches to contribute to improved business performance.
- Prepare and provide regular reports to senior staff regarding project progress and financial performance.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with clients.
- Provide verification of programs and claim eligibility including items such as payments, cash-flow, work in ground and invoicing.
What do we need from you?
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent with 5 years minimum relevant working experience in project management, civil engineering, and or civil construction in water, sewerage or roads infrastructure.
- Well-developed knowledge and understanding of project management principles, current Work Health and Safety legislation and regulations.
- A valid NSW Driver’s Licence and willingness to drive to remote locations which may include overnight stays.
- Proven experience in the successful planning and/or delivery of construction projects
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated experience working with and managing internal and external stakeholders
- Be double COVID vaccinated
What do you get in return?
You will be part of a project that helps local communities in NSW and will also gain valuable experience working with our State Government client! From Randstad you will receive ongoing support from your Consultant, as well as access to our benefits program which includes discounts to leading retails, access to our Employee Assistance Program and more.
Please submit your resume in Word format if you have the above skills and would like to be considered!
Alternatively please contact Samantha from Randstad at email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.