St Philip’s Christian College, Newcastle, is looking for a dynamic, innovative and experienced Christian teacher to join our Science Team.
The St Philip's Christian College group of schools leads the way in Whole of Life Education. The College spans six schools and caters to students from Pre-Kindergarten to Tertiary Learning.
At St Philip's Christian College, we passionately believe in the need for independent schools which develop the whole child - intellectually, socially, physically and spiritually; schools that maintain high academic and behavioural standards while keeping the truth of the Christian Gospel at its core.
About the role
Teachers at St Philip’s Christian College deliver quality Christian education through evidence-based teaching practices, and the development of innovative and relevant curriculum that empowers students to live joyfully and productively in both the present and the future.
Key responsibilities include:
- Knowing the students well and teaching according to their needs.
- Planning, preparing and delivering effective teaching and learning programs which demonstrate:
- alignment with a Christian worldview
- alignment with the College philosophy of Student Centred Learning
- strong content knowledge
- current educational research and practice
- high capacity for student engagement, consistency with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, relevant syllabus documents, and policy and procedural documents
- Assessing students in a variety of ways, giving effective feedback that leads to improvement
- Reporting on student progress and performance to students, parents, the College and other stakeholders as required
- Maintaining student records and samples of work
- Developing and utilising a wide variety of practices that ensure learning is prioritised in their classes and that all students are safe and secure and therefore able to learn effectively
- Providing focused pastoral care for a group of students, and more generally for students in allocated subject classes
- Being involved in extra-curricular activities
The successful applicant will be strongly aligned to the values of the College and have:
- A mature and overt Christian faith that enables discussion and prayer about matters of faith as these relate to the profession
- A clear and well-articulated understanding of what it means to be a Christian teacher and the role of Christian Schooling
- Experience teaching NSW secondary Science curriculum
- Experience teaching Stage 6 Physics is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to use a range of teaching strategies that meet students where they are individually and collectively
- Ability to foster a safe, supportive, and engaging learning environment and provide pastoral care for students
- Proven ability to partner effectively with parents in the education and care of their children
- A commitment to ongoing professional development
To submit your application, please download the Teacher Application Form from the Employment section of our website (www.spcc.nsw.edu.au/newcastle/our-story/jobs) and forward it, along with a brief covering letter addressing the essential criteria, to: The Principal – Mrs Pam O’Dea Newcastle.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close 9am Monday 15th August 2022.
For an initial discussion or enquiries about the role please contact Deb Adams on 4960 6600 or email Debbie.Adams@spcc.nsw.edu.au.