Your new company:
My client is the worldwide leader in their industry, servicing the leading multinational clients in a $100 billion worldwide sector. They create bespoke, one of a kind fabricated animatronic pieces that have travelled the world, from the US, to China, to right here in Australia. Internal growth and a new project has opened up internal opportunities to join a business full of talented engineers, technicians and designers.
Your new role:
The CAD Drafter is responsible for undertaking and leading timely, efficient and quality engineering CAD drafting work. Your core duties include:
- Undertaking engineering CAD drafting
- Providing leadership and direction for a small drafting team
- Revise drawings as required to incorporate feedback and learnings into future designs
- Prepare and maintain documentation and technical reports including specifications, diagrams, operator manuals, CAD templates and procedures
- Assist with materials planning and preparation of work packages
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Qualifications in drafting or engineering discipline preferred
- Demonstrated capability for high-quality and timely engineering CAD drafting in the production of machinery
- Extensive experience in SolidWorks
- Knowledge of a variety of different materials and fabrication techniques, particularly welding and machining processes
- Excellent communication skills, with regards to both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail with a commitment to quality
What you’ll get in return:
You will be joining a one-of-a-kind organisation that works on truly exciting projects, as part of a passionate, close-knit and highly skilled team. Previous creations have travelled the world, offering you the ability to work with truly top-tier clientele. With the site located a 15 minute drive from the CBD, you are in an easily accessible location, working in a stimulating and dynamic environment with a steady pipeline of exciting and challenging projects. The office location has a gym onsite, shower facilities, a large break room and a highly engaged team culture.
What to do now:
If this role sounds like it might be for you, hit “Apply Now” to submit an updated copy of your resume, or contact Robert Scacco via email at Robert.Scacco@hays.com.au [mailto:Robert.Scacco@hays.com.au] or call 03 8616 8470 for a confidential discussion. If this role isn’t for you, successful referrals are rewarded with a $200 voucher. Good people know good people.
LHS 297508 #2586655