Early Childhood Teacher
Full-time, 38 hours a week
We are looking for an energised Early Childhood Teacher to join the educative team at Goodstart Glendale. As the Teacher you will deliver high quality and inclusive learning programs using contemporary teaching theories, strategies and styles, knowledge of child development and alignment to the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and National Quality Standard (NQS). This centre is part of a unique initiative being run by Goodstart offering an intensive, integrated approach to Enhancing Children’s Outcomes (EChO).
What is EChO?
Our EChO initiative is a targeted approach within Goodstart’s Social Inclusion Strategy that builds on our universally available early learning and care programs. The approach uses an Enhanced Service Delivery Model to provide wrap around intensive and sustainable resources to Goodstart Early Learning centres located in communities where children are more vulnerable to poor outcomes.
About our Centre
- Goodstart Glendale is an 82 place exceeding centre
- This centre is located in a safe and convenient residential area, close to local schools, shops and community services, as well as public transport.
- Our service was built in 2006 and caters for children 6 weeks of age to five years, across six rooms, with two large nature-based playgrounds.
- This position is a full-time permanent role
- You will work with a fun and supportive team
Role Overview/ Responsibilities
- This position is in the nursery room
- Lead and model the selection and implementation of effective pedagogical approaches to support children’s learning and development outcomes.
- Design and implement engaging learning programs using knowledge of content, curriculum, children’s needs, assessment and reporting requirements.
- Champion positive and meaningful relationships with children.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to plan, evaluate and enhance learning outcomes for children.
- Develop engaging and inclusive learning environments that reflect the strengths, interests and needs of all children.
- Develop, select and use a range of informal, formal, diagnostic, formative and summative assessment strategies to assess children’s learning and maintain high quality pedagogical documentation.
- Establish and maintain respectful collaborative partnerships with families to assess and support children’s learning and wellbeing.
- Maintain a safe environment for children, families and team members.
- Contribute to a professional and positive work culture
What Goodstart can offer you
There are so many reasons to join the Goodstart family. Let’s start with the benefits!
- Teacher accreditation/registration - we offer state-specific support to help you through this process
- Competitive pay - you’ll get paid on par with state primary school teachers
- Paid professional development - we offer a range of opportunities to grow your skills and your career
- Wellbeing focus - you’ll get two extra days off per year, and our dedicated wellbeing program will ensure you get the support you need, when you need it most
- Additional leave - you’ll have the option to purchase extra leave for even greater work life balance
- 4 weeks paid parental leave – increasing to 6 weeks from December 2023
- Retail and childcare discounts - you’ll save money on insurance, travel and technology, and get 50% discount off your childcare gap fees
You’ll also love:
- Centre support - dedicated support and guidance on a range of topics, such as safety, teaching and inclusion, delivered face to face or virtually by our centre support team
- Security and stability - with over 670 centres across Australia, you’ll have the support of a large network and the stability of a respected organisation
- Hold a Bachelor of Early Childhood or equivalent qualification (ACECQA approved)
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
- Hold a valid WWCC
- Hold an up to date Professional Teachers Accreditation (state applicable)
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.
Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and expect all our employees to reflect this commitment. Should you strive to uphold and reflect these values then we would love to hear from you!