- Innovator & recognised leader in Australian Manufacturing
- Full Time Leadership Opportunity
- Drive ‘Continuous Improvement’ Culture
With more than 70 years' of experience in the building and home improvement markets, Stratco has become one of Australia’s largest manufacturers, marketers and retailers of quality building and home improvement products in Australia and is actively pursuing a place on the world stage. Stratco has state of the art manufacturing facilities in all mainland states of Australia along with a network of home improvement stores throughout the country.
About the role
An exciting opportunity presents for an experienced Safety Leader to join our Qld Leadership team. You will report directly to the Qld State Manager and work closely with all stakeholders to lead workplace health & safety, quality and compliance across the business. The position will involve:
- Coach and educate employees on WHS responsibilities & support them in their obligations.
- Comply with relevant legislation, regulatory requirements, Stratco policies & ethical standards.
- Ensure all safety and compliance training requirements are met (including identifying ongoing safety training requirements).
- Conduct or coordinate incident and accident investigations to determine causal factors and recommend preventative actions.
- Support the business in developing and coordinating wellbeing initiatives.
- Promote a safe working environment amongst all personnel and lead by example.
- Coordinate and develop rehabilitation and return to work programs.
- Assist business units with Standard Operating Procedures and ensure they are kept up to date.
- Assist business units with hazard identification and risk assessments.
- Develop regular audit procedures to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Coordinate and facilitate WHS training across the business.
- Promote safety compliance and continual improvement.
We are looking for a confident and engaging professional with the following skills and attributes:
- A strong and proven background in training and safety and be able to demonstrate evidence of this success.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with and influence key stakeholders.
- Extensive knowledge and experience managing workplace health & safety.
- Tertiary qualifications in a Health and Safety Management/Health Science or business-related discipline, or equivalent proven professional experience.
- Be action oriented and able to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Be a hands on, practical person with a good technical ability.
- Be honest, self-motivated and have a passionate desire to be successful.
- Have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- High level of computer literacy, including Microsoft Office Suite.
At Stratco we are passionate and committed to continued improvement across the group. We are looking for someone driven, focused and capable of delivering in a fast-paced environment.
If you are looking to become part of a team that focuses on customer service and safety with a team culture that will recognise and reward achievements then lodge your expression of interest by selecting “Apply” below.