OUT-of-contract Jets striker Jeremy Brockie has resorted to self-promotion and posted his goals on YouTube in a bid to find a home next season.
The 24-year-old Kiwi international is one of nine Jets off contract and rejected an initial deal to stay in Newcastle.
He has attracted offers from other A-League clubs but has opted to widen the net.
The YouTube clip runs for 2 minutes and features his nine goals, some of which would not look out of place in the top leagues of the world.
In less than 24 hours the package had been viewed more than 50 times.
‘‘There is nothing wrong with a little bit of self-advertising,’’ Brockie said. ‘‘We will see if anything comes from it.’’
Brockie and fiancee Jessica Passmore will be wed in Townsville at the end of April.
He would like to determine his playing future by the time he walks down the isle.
‘‘There are definitely a couple of offers on the table [from A-League clubs],’’ he said. ‘‘I also have some people looking at opportunities in Asia.
‘‘The contract at Newcastle runs out on April 30.
‘‘I’d like to be paid at some stage in May so hopefully something can be sorted in the next couple of weeks.’’
Brockie missed out on a big-money deal at Chinese Super League club Liaoning Whowin, believed to be worth more than $400,000 a season, last month when the Jets would not grant him a release.
Brockie said there had been no change to the offer from the Jets, which is understood to be about a third of what was available in China.
‘‘The same deal is still there from six or seven weeks ago,’’ he said. ‘‘I think that is pretty much where it is staying. At this stage, anyway.’’
Confirmation this week that A-League clubs will again be allowed five overseas players will work in Brockie’s favour in terms of staying in Australia.
‘‘It is great news that the A-League is staying with five foreign players,’’ Brockie said.
‘‘There are a lot of overseas players who have come to the league and lit it up.
‘‘It is good news for me. I won’t be classed as a foreigner once my citizenship comes through in about a year, but for now I am.
‘‘I have applied for residency and once I’ve had that for six months I can take the next step to citizenship.’’
The visa situation could also prove beneficial for English striker Francis Jeffers.
The Herald understands the former Everton star met with the club two weeks ago and was offered a contract verbally.
Hunter Sports Group chief executive Troy Palmer said yesterday that now Football Federation Australia had ratified the overseas player allowance they would ‘‘start finalising offers’’.
Iraqi international Ali Abbas is also in talks with the club about an extension.
The 25-year-old, who was naturalised on Australia Day, is keen to remain in the Hunter but is also looking to play regular first-team football, which he has been unable to do in Newcastle.
‘‘The discussions with the Jets are still at an early stage,’’ Abbas’s agent, Mike Roth, said.
‘‘He would love to stay, but his priority is being a first-team player.
‘‘He is not looking for assurances but he wants to be at a club where he has the best chance of being a first-team player.
‘‘There has been much more interest this time around because he is Australian and has a dual citizenship.
‘‘Clubs are more willing to make an early decision on a player when they are not taking up a visa spot.’’
? Former Jets striker Chris Payne has signed with Manly in the NSW Premier League.