MERWETHER wicketkeeper Patrick Houlohan had a busy time of it behind the stumps on Saturday, taking a personal-best first-grade haul of five catches in the one innings.
He snared two chances each off pace pair Josh Geary and Harry Colbert against Waratah-Mayfield at Townson Oval as well as another from leg-spinner Courtney Moulton.
Houlohan now leads the district standings with eight catches and one stumping.
* WASHED out matches at Cahill Oval (Belmont v Wests) and Cardiff No.2 (Cardiff-Boolaroo v Charlestown) will revert to 45-over affairs on Saturday. They will both still be played under two-day conditions, including no bowling restrictions.
* WALLSEND had former players Steve Storey and Rhys Soper present debutant caps to Jacob Page, Ethan Jekot, James Beatty and Matt Lynch recently at their home ground.
* HUNTER product Will Fort became player No.443 to represent Northern Districts in the Sydney first-grade competition. He nabbed a run out Saturday, but is yet to bat with the home side 1-57 in reply to Parramatta’s 179 at Mark Taylor Oval.
* FORMER Hamwicks captain Josh Trappel has started his return to Maitland club City with scores of 124 and 60.
* THE NSW Country Championships decider has been put back until 2019.
Central Coast and ACT Southern Districts were due to battle it out for the title at Bowral’s Bradman Oval this Sunday.
However, both teams are also involved in the NSW Premier T20 Cup.
The rescheduled date proposed is February 10.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.