IT IS one of the most popular events on Newcastle's social calendar - the Boxing Day.
Punters packed in for a day of betting, beers and brilliant weather at Newcastle Racecourse.
As the crowd streamed into the venue there were plenty of flashy outfits on display. Blokes in Christmas suits, plenty of linen shirts and the occasional bare ankle on display from the men.
While the women donned frocks in all colours, with sky-high shoes and impressive ornate headbands a popular option.
Newcastle Herald photographer Max Mason-Hubers mixed in with the punters and photographed racegoers who dressed to impress as part of the annual Newcastle Hot 100 competition.
The fashions on the field competition is now open for public voting. Voting is open until 9am, December 31, 2018.
The entrant with the most votes will win a $50 gift voucher for Belmont 16s and six grandstand tickets to take a bunch of mates to see the Newcastle Jets vs Central Coast Mariners at McDonald Jones Stadium on January 23, 2019.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Employees of the promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter the competition, as are their immediate families.
2. The promoter is Newcastle Newspapers Pty Limited ABN 46 000 003 967 of 28 Honeysuckle Drive, Newcastle, NSW, 2300, 02 4979 5000
3. The decision is final and binding on each person who enters.
4. The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the competition as necessary due to circumstances outside its control.
5. The prizes are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. Any attempt to resell or auction the prize will result in an immediate cancellation of the prize.
6.The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, in connection with the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by laws.
7. The promotion commences 26/12/18. Entries close 9am 31/12/18.
8. By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these rules.
9. The information you are asked to provide to Newcastle Newspapers Pty Limited is personal information and is protected by the Privacy Act 1988.
10. All entries become the property of the promoter. The promoter may use the entrants names and literary pieces for any commercial purpose, including future promotional marketing and publicity purposes.
12. The winners names and photograph will be published. Winners will be notified.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.