A RECORD OZ Lotto jackpot of $100 million dollars has brought out the Newcastle punters and dreamers.
Michelle McNeil from Aberglasslyn said she decided to take a chance on the $100 million because she didn’t win the $70 million OZ Lotto draw last week.
‘‘I could pay off the house, take my little girl on a holiday and help family and I would still have money left over, ’’she said.
Tonight’s $100 million OZ Lotto jackpot is the largest Lotto prize ever offered in Australia’s history.
It tops a $90 million jackpot that was offered in June 2009 which due to heighten player activity increased to a final Division 1 prize pool of $106.5 million.
However mathematicians calculate the chances of getting all seven winning numbers in this latest draw is one in 45 million.
Kristy Watts, 30, from Newcastle said she only ever purchased a Lotto ticket when the jackpot was more than $20 million.
She always plays her lucky numbers of 9, 11 and 4.
About 7.5 million entries are expected across Australia by the time entries close at 6.30pm today.
Robyn Hudson of Newcastle City newsagency is operating a TAB outlet for Melbourne Cup today as well selling Oz Lotto tickets.
She has in increased her staff from two to six people and anticipates that lines will be out the door at her Hunter Street Mall premises.
‘‘We never had a day where a $100 million Oz Lotto draw has coincided with the Melbourne Cup,’’ she said.
If a single Lotto player takes out Tuesday’s big prize it will rewrite the history books as Australia’s largest Lotto prize.
HOW WOULD YOU SPEND $100 MILLION?
1. Frances Johnson, Fern Bay
I’d pay off my house and book a holiday to England to see my aunty.
2. Hannah Wallace, Nelson Bay
I’d get a new visa card, buy a house and a puppy. I’d also book a holiday home to see my family in the UK.
3. Peter Talevski, Garden Suburb
I’d buy the Newcastle Jets from Tinkler. I’d also purchase several properties and a Ferrari.
4. Adam McAllister, Belmont North
I’d book a round the world trip and buy my favourite old car-the Mitsubishi Sigma.
5. Kristy Watts, Newcastle
I’d quit work and go on a long holiday.
WHAT YOU COULD BUY WITH $100 MILLION
1. A mansion in Charlottesville, USA is on the market for $96,500,000. The property is situated on 300 acres of land. There are 45 rooms including 8 bedrooms and 14 bathrooms. There is also a library, art gallery, home theatre and helipad.
2. The Indian Empress can be bought for 90,500,000. At 54 metres long, it is one of the world’s largest yachts. The vessel can house 32 guests and 42 crew members at the same time.
3. 11 diamond covered iPhone 4S’ worth $9,000,000 each.
4. 40 of the world’s most expensive car - the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.
5. 117,647 pairs of Jimmy Choo shoes.
6. 1,250,000 bottles of Moet & Chandon Brut Champagne.
7. Everyone in Australia could receive $4.40.
TELL US WHAT YOU'D DO WITH $100 MILLION