Four NSW Ambulance crews have been called to the scene of a crash involving multiple vehicles on the New England Highway at Hexham Tuesday afternoon.
Paramedics have assessed 12 people at the scene after reports five cars and a truck collided around 1.30pm just south-east of Tarro.
A spokesperson for NSW Ambulance has said all patients were understood to be in a stable condition. There are reports at least one person has been transported to John Hunter Hospital for further treatment. They are also understood to be in a stable condition.
Emergency services remained on the scene around 2.30pm, where northbound traffic was heavy. Drivers have been urged to travel cautiously and to expect delays.
In the news
- Newcastle cruise terminal: Infrastructure NSW withdraws $12.7m state funding, Port of Newcastle confirms
- Waax frontwoman Maz DeVita speaks out after being 'aggressively groped' while on stage during Cambridge Hotel show
- Family, friends pay tribute to Logan Sharpe after fatal Pacific Highway crash
- Why coach Nathan Brown should be confident the Knights can still make the finals
- Matthew Edwards, man acquitted of "shooting" Daniel Fing, suing state of NSW for malicious prosecution and false imprisonment