A man appeared in court on Wednesday after allegations of several break-ins at storage containers at Whitebridge near Newcastle in May.
The break-ins are said to have happened on May 23 at Bulls Garden Road, where seven vintage motorcycles were stolen.
A 28-year-old Charlestown man was arrested on Wednesday and taken to Belmont Police Station as a result of an investigation into the alleged theft.
The man was charged with nine offences including break and entering and stealing value more than $60,000, two counts of driving while disqualified, possessing housebreaking equipment and possession of a prohibited drug and knife in public, among other charges.
The man was refused bail and appeared in Newcastle Local Court on Wednesday where he was refused bail a second time and ordered to appear before Belmont Local Court on August 7.
In the news
- Nurses' union wants Hunter group house job selection process stopped
- Father found guilty of killing severely disabled nine-year-old daughter
- Hunter chefs step up to the winning plate in 2019 Nestle Golden Chef's Hat Award
- Carly McBride murder: former partner gives evidence about visits from accused killer
- Independent Planning Commission rules modification is "in the public interest"