Police have arrested a man following an alleged break-in at a registered club in the Hunter Valley on Thursday.
Police allege a man gained access into a Sydney Street club at Muswellbrook around 2am Thursday and entered the office where he removed an amount of cash, before leaving the club.
Police from Hunter Valley Police District attended and established a crime scene.
About 1.30pm, officers attended Scott Street, Muswellbrook and arrested a 34-year-old man.
He was taken to Muswellbrook Police Station where he was charged with break, enter and steal.
He was refused bail to appear at Muswellbrook Local Court on Friday.
In the news
- Gai Thompson says governments have failed to hold doctors and regulators to account for the pelvic mesh scandal
- Knights five-eighth Mason Lino could face a club sanctioned fine after being involved in a minor altercation at Hamilton's Greenroof Hotel last weekend
- Time for answers about Myuna Bay Sport and Recreation centre closure, review overdue: Lynda Voltz
- Newcastle Vegan Market is about to be open for business, and it's promising to be something a little different
- Resources Regulator finds rehabilitation works at six Hunter Valley coal mines do not comply
- Three high-range drink drivers highlight Hunter's problem with getting behind the wheel while drunk