It's that time of year already, when Bluesfest turns up the heat with the first announce of their annual Easter weekend music extravaganza.
The headliners announced by Bluesfest founder Peter Noble start with the Dave Matthews Band, Patti Smith, Crowded House, John Butler, Xavier Rudd and John Prine. Also on the bill are Jenny Lewis, George Benson, Brandi Carlile, The Cat Empire, Morcheeba, Frank Turner, John Mayall, The Marcus King Band, Walter Trout, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Larkin Poe, The War & Treaty, Greensky Bluegrass and Christone "Kingfish" Ingram.
The 31th annual Bluesfest will be April 9-13, 2020, in Byron Bay.
"Dave Matthews Band are one of the top grossing, most in demand bands in the world - and finally they are coming back to Bluesfest. This is going to be magical and UNMISSABLE," Bluesfest director Peter Noble said.
For more details: bluesfest.com.au
While you're with us, did you know Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here.
IN THE NEWS TODAY:
- Civil and Administrative Tribunal bans Hunter psychiatrist Anthony Slowiaczek over affair with patient
- NSW government fast-tracks $589m Newcastle gas import terminal
- Child killed in McCaffrey Drive car crash at New Lambton Heights
- Lyall Dix issued construction and occupation certificates for the Landmark building in 2008
- Coles, Woolworths begin constructing supermarkets in Huntlee and Cameron Park