A HOUSE has been completely destroyed by fire, believed to have been ignited by a faulty circuit board.
About 5.20pm Thursday emergency services were called to Gillards Road, Pokolbin, following reports of a blaze.
Fire and Rescue NSW and the Rural Fire Service raced to the scene and found the home to be entirely engulfed. The fire was brought under control and emergency services remained on scene for some time to extinguish the flames.
Officers from Hunter Valley Police District attended and established a crime scene.
The occupants of the home, a 68-year-old man and a 69-year-old woman, escaped uninjured.
The premises and its contents appear to be completely destroyed and the structure has been deemed unstable.
Investigations continue however, it is believed the fire started in a circuit board in the laundry and it is not being treated as suspicious.
While you're with us, did you know Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here.
IN NEWS TODAY: