CESSNOCK will be bolstered by the return of injured forwards Brendan Hlad and Reed Hugo for Saturday's elimination semi-final against the Pickers at Maitland Sportsground.
Hlad (eye), who recently said he would retire at the end of 2019, and Hugo (hip) both missed the Goannas' must-win effort over defending premiers Souths on the weekend to reach the finals.
* WESTERN Suburbs finished 10 competition points and a staggering 307 for-and-against points clear of their nearest rivals on the first grade ladder.
The minor premiers, from 16 regular rounds this season, lost just twice scoring an average 34.56 points per game and conceding an average 9.95 each outing.
* ROSELLAS pair Ryan Walker (19) and Luke Walsh (168) took out individual gongs for most tries and most points respectively in the top competition.
* ALL eight clubs will be represented during the 2019 play-offs.
Wests and Souths feature in each of the five grades while Central, Lakes, Cessnock and Kurri are next best with three.
Maitland has two entries and Macquarie one.
* HARKER Oval will host next Sunday's major semi-final while, depending on results this weekend, St John Oval and Cessnock Sportsground will be used for the minor semi-final (September 7) and preliminary final (September 15).
* LAKES life member Grahame Huggins had a proud moment on the weekend watching three grandsons, Jayden, Ryan and Blake Potts, play reserve grade together for the Seagulls at Maitland Sportsground.