NEWCASTLE'S Forsythes Recruitment & HR has bought Western Sydney's largest independently-owned recruitment and consulting firm, Penrith Personnel.
Managing director Geoff Crews said the move was part of its continued expansion plans beyond the Hunter. He said Western Sydney was a natural extension of Forsythes' regional city roots and the purchase positioned the firm on the doorstep of significant population growth, regional development and Australia's largest infrastructure projects including Western Sydney Airport.
"The pace of the Hunter and Central Coast right now is outstanding and we need to ensure we're accessing emerging candidate markets and bolstering HR expertise in growth industries to proactively support local clients," Mr Crews said.
Forsythes Recruitment & HR has branches in Singleton, Newcastle, Tuggerah and a serviced office in Macquarie Park, which will will remain to service Sydney clients in the tech sector.
While you're with us, did you know Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here.
IN NEWS TODAY:
- Jill Emberson shares ovarian cancer battle on ABC's Australian Story to fight for funding and raise awareness
- Australia retain Ashes in Old Trafford thriller
- Hunter Water customer Walter Koch says he ended up paying $14,000 to disconnect service
- Prostate cancer online tool helps men decide whether its worth having a PSA test
- Water police searching for debris from ill-fated helicopter off Anna Bay
- Autism seminar features clinical psychologist and specialist Dr Lee Sturgeon
- Newcastle drug syndicate smashed: police seize two kilograms of ice