TWO women have been indecently assaulted in separate incidents at Jesmond and Lambton, NSW Police say.
Officers from Newcastle City Police District have launched an investigation after the women came forward to report inappropriate behaviour that allegedly occurred in the areas in July and August this year.
Police have been told about 4.45pm on Friday, July 26, a 46-year-old woman was walking through Jesmond Park when an unknown man approached her from behind and indecently assaulted her. He then ran away, police said. The woman reported the incident to police and said the same man had approached her a few weeks prior and made inappropriate comments.
At 5pm on Friday August 16, a 52-year-old woman was walking towards the intersection of Robert Circuit and Barellan Street, Lambton, when an unknown man approached her and asked for directions, she told police. After assisting the man, he then hugged her and indecently assaulted her before fleeing the scene, police said.
The man is described as being between 180cm and 185cm tall, aged in his early 20s, with short brown/black hair, brown eyes and an olive complexion.
He was last seen wearing a black jumper with a zip, black jeans and a small black satchel bag.
Contact Newcastle police station on 4929 0999 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
While you're with us, did you know Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here.
IN NEWS TODAY:
- Jill Emberson shares ovarian cancer battle on ABC's Australian Story to fight for funding and raise awareness
- Australia retain Ashes in Old Trafford thriller
- Hunter Water customer Walter Koch says he ended up paying $14,000 to disconnect service
- Prostate cancer online tool helps men decide whether its worth having a PSA test
- Water police searching for debris from ill-fated helicopter off Anna Bay
- Autism seminar features clinical psychologist and specialist Dr Lee Sturgeon
- Newcastle drug syndicate smashed: police seize two kilograms of ice