Emergency crews have been called to Teralba where the front of a car was hanging over the edge of a railway overpass following a minor crash on Monday evening.
NSW Trainlink North advised just after 5.30pm that services on the Newcastle-Central Coast line were suspended between Fassifern and Cardiff in both directions due to the incident.
As of that time, buses were being organised to replace trains and commuters were being urged to allow extra travel time.
Police and firefighters are at the scene and were waiting for a tow truck to arrive.
While you're with us, did you know Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here.
IN NEWS TODAY:
- Jill Emberson shares ovarian cancer battle on ABC's Australian Story to fight for funding and raise awareness
- Australia retain Ashes in Old Trafford thriller
- Hunter Water customer Walter Koch says he ended up paying $14,000 to disconnect service
- Prostate cancer online tool helps men decide whether its worth having a PSA test
- Water police searching for debris from ill-fated helicopter off Anna Bay
- Autism seminar features clinical psychologist and specialist Dr Lee Sturgeon
- Newcastle drug syndicate smashed: police seize two kilograms of ice