Dowling Property Group's Steve Dorman reports there were seven registered bidders and around 40 in attendance at the auction of a Merewether Heights home which sold under the hammer last weekend.
Mr Dorman marketed the four-bedroom brick house in original condition. It was on an elevated block 512 square metres in size at 37 Ashford Parade and secured by first home buyers for $787,000 after 11 bids.
Related content: Latest local property news
There were two registered bidders for the auction of a three-bedroom, two-bathroom freestanding villa at 1/52 Caldwell Street in Merewether.
Damon Sellis, of Street Property, marketed the villa with a guide of $750,000 to $790,000 and it was bought by local purchasers for $820,000.
A freshly renovated home at 12 Ida Street in Mayfield, which combined old world charm with modern living, was purchased by first home buyers for $625,000. It was marketed by Roland Campos, of Lane Campos.
A two-bedroom home on the market for the first time in 40 years and positioned on a level block 556 square metres in size at 54 Charlton Street in Lambton was sold by Robert Crawford Real Estate for $460,000.
In Hamilton, First National Newcastle City sold a five-bedroom home at 24 Steel Street for $915,000 ahead of its auction scheduled for today.
Walkom Real Estate sold a one-bedroom terrace in Cooks Hill at 42 Laman Street for $720,000.
A three-bedroom, two-storey house at 30 Bayswater Road in Rathmines was sold by First National Altitude for $585,000.
While you're with us, did you know Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here.
IN NEWS TODAY:
- Homeless Newcastle couple tell of depression, illness and isolation as social housing waiting list grows
- Police operation at Mayfield: A man has been taken into custody
- Clergy abuse survivors will gather on Sunday to remember victims and families
- Professor Alex Zelinsky tells staff: 'Our university stands in full support of climate action'
- Warners Bay photographer Steve Passlow honoured in The Nature Conservancy's 2019 Photo Contest
- James Tedesco sings praises of new Knights coach Adam O'Brien
- Newcastle Jets on track for club-record membership numbers