A motorcyclist has died in a crash in Bylong on Monday.
The 65-year-old man was riding a motorcycle north on Bylong Valley Way around 12.10pm when he collided with another motorcyclist travelling in the opposite direction, police have said.
The 54-year-old male rider of the other motorbike suffered internal injuries and was airlifted to Westmead Hospital in a critical condition. The 65 yer-old man died at the scene.
Officers from Orana Mid Western Police District attended the scene and commenced an investigation.
A report will be prepared for the information of the Coroner.
While you're with us, did you know Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here.
IN NEWS TODAY:
- Family search for missing Cooks Hill teenager Trinity Thompson
- Maryland's Pamela Williams and Stephen Gorton used walking stick to defend themselves from dogs who killed their Kelpie
- Cosplay's power to build communities 'amazing', Warners Bay cosplayer Bronte Donovan says
- Police suspend search for helicopter after Anna Bay crash
- Julie Bishop offers to help free former Whitebridge High student Jolie King from Iran
- Level one water restrictions in Newcastle: NSW Lower Hunter to introduce water restrictions for the first time in 25 years