North Construction & Building confirmed their reputation for consistency, quality and professionalism at the 2019 MBA Excellence in Building Awards..
The business had six projects nominated across a diverse range of categories and was successful in the following:
- Extensions, Renovations & Refurbishments ($2m-$5m) - St Philip's Christian College, Waratah - Kindergarten and Early Learning
- Public Buildings ($3m and under) - EDSACC Grandstand, Bateau Bay
- Public Buildings ($3m-$7m) - St Philip's Christian College - Cessnock Activate Centre
- Restoration of an Historic Building - St Philip's Christian College, Waratah - Kindergarten and Early Learning
- Aged Care Medium Density Developments - Regis Aged Care, Elermore Vale
- Industrial Buildings - Newcastle Light Rail Depot and stops
- Commercial Projects ($5m-$10m) - San Clemente High School, Mayfield
- Best Use of Bricks - Regis Aged Care, Elermore Vale
"It is rare to see a contractor with that diversity extending across the general commercial, aged care, education, heritage, refurbishment and industrial sectors," managing director Matthew Cook said. "Our success at the Newcastle MBA awards is something we're immensely proud of. Receiving recognition from the peak building industry body in our region supports our claims of consistency, quality and professionalism.
"In turn, it is this reputation that so many of our employees, subcontractors and clients know and trust. We are very grateful to our staff and subcontractors who contribute so much to achieving this success and the awards evening is our 'night of nights' to celebrate."
North Construction & Building focuses heavily on employee support and training, taking on trade apprentices every year and maintaining a program that provides cadetships through the University of Newcastle.
"When our projects are recognised or our employees receive individual awards, it shows the depth of talent we have and is testament to the support and training focus that underpins our business culture," Mr Cook said.
Success at this year's awards comes on the back of being recognised as Commercial Builder of the Year at the MBA Newcastle Excellence in Building Awards in 2011, 2016 and 2017.
North is the reigning Australian Medium Employer of the Year from the 2018 Australian Training Awards, and only last week at the 2019 NSW Training Awards, one of their employees, Nelson Florimo, was named NSW Apprentice of the Year.
Founded in 1987, North is the largest locally owned and operated commercial construction business on the Central Coast. With offices in Tuggerah and Newcastle, they have grown to become one of the most trusted builders throughout the Central Coast, Hunter Valley and Newcastle regions.