One person has been taken to hospital with minor injuries after a crash on the New England Highway at Ravensworth.
Emergency services were called to the scene near the intersection of the New England Highway and Hebden Road, south-east of Muswellbrook, around 11.30am after reports a two vehicles, one towing a caravan, had collided.
Muswellbrook Police have said a truck carrying a load of coal was also involved in the crash. The truck is understood to have left the road to avoid the accident, but remained upright, police said.
Two NSW Ambulance crews were called to the scene at 11.30am and later transported one patient with minor injuries to Muswellbrook hospital.
The road was closed as crews worked to clear the scene. Lanes were re-opened on Wednesday afternoon.
While you're with us, did you know Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here.
IN NEWS TODAY:
- Hunter Water proposes increasing Lower Hunter water bills by $129 or 9.8 per cent over five years
- Police charge man with second robbery
- Kobe Duck has returned to school after rare disease, acute flaccid myelitis, left him paralysed and unable to breathe, eat or swallow
- Claims union pressure left student strikers to raise $600 for stage
- Man charged over armed hold-up and failed heist at Port Stephens
- Trinity Thompson found: The 15 year-old from Cooks Hill has been reunited with her family