DETECTIVES have arrested a man on the Central Coast and seized more than 70 items as part of an investigation into child sexual abuse allegations.
The 48-year-old was arrested outside a Central Coast home on Wednesday as part of a Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad investigation that began in September.
That inquiry had been told two girls and a boy had been abused by the man, who police said was known to them.
The man was taken to Wyong police station on Wednesday and charged with 17 offences.
The include disseminate/produce child pornography, sexual intercourse with person under the age of 10 years, eight counts of indecent assault person under 16 years of age, take/detain person with intent to obtain advantage, aggravated sex assault- victim under the age of 16 years, break and enter etc do indictable offence, and enter dwelling with intent (not steal/destroy/damage).
"Police will allege in court that the man sexually and indecently assaulted the girls - then aged eight and nine - on multiple occasions at homes near Canberra and in Sydney's north west between 2008 and 2009," police said in a statement.
"It's further alleged that the man sexually and indecently assaulted a boy - then aged between 11 and 13 - at homes on the Central Coast between 2010 and 2011."
The 48-year-old was refused bail to face Wyong Local Court on Thursday.
Investigations are ongoing.
The State Crime Command's Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad is made up of specially-trained detectives who investigate matters against children and adults including sexual assault, serious physical abuse and extreme cases of neglect.
Anyone with concerns about suspected child abuse or exploitation should call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
While you're with us, did you know the Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here.
IN THE NEWS