Elton Dharry says Australian boxer Andrew Moloney isn't bringing anything new to the table and he's confident of returning home to the US as world champion.
The pair will square off in for the interim WBA super flyweight world title at Melbourne's Margaret Court Arena, following the "Code War" fight between Barry Hall and Paul Gallen.
Fighting on home turf, Commonwealth Games gold medallist Moloney (20-0, 13 KOs) is hot favourite as the No.1-rated contender for the vacant title while Dharry is ranked No.5.
Born in Ghana but living in Brooklyn, Dharry is an experienced campaigner and arrived in Australia last Thursday with a 24-5-1 (14 KOs) record and is on an impressive 21-fight win streak.
Moloney's two wins this year came through knock-out but Dharry said he didn't think the Australia had anything he couldn't handle.
"I'm prepared for whatever happens and I don't think he can bring anything different," Dharry said.
"I've been around for a long time and fought many fighters from all around the world and he's similar to a lot of them."
The 33-year-old has only fought once in the past 18 months with Moloney, who has had two fights just this year, claiming the ring rust will give him an advantage.
"I wouldn't think that because I was training to fight in the last 12 months but the fight fell apart leading up to the fight when I was really sharp," Dharry told AAP.
"I keep myself sharp so that's not a problem as I've been away from the sport for a long time in the past and I came back and performed well."
Dharry scoffed at suggestions he's not as hungry as 28-year-old Moloney, saying he wouldn't have flown halfway around the world if he wasn't.
"I travelled for 30 hours to get here and if I wasn't hungry I wouldn't be here."
Moloney's identical twin brother Jason, who challenged for the world bantamweight title last year, will fight Nicaragua's world No.10 Dixon Flores on the undercard.
Australian Associated Press