LAKE Macquarie police are investigating the circumstances around a fierce Kilaben Bay house fire that destroyed a Ridge Road property on Tuesday night.
Emergency services were called to the property near Toronto about 4.30pm after reports the house was well alight.
Fire and Rescue NSW extinguished the fire but were unable to save the property.
They managed to limit the blaze's spread from consuming other properties, but a neighbouring house suffering extensive damage.
A third structure also suffered minor damage, police said.
Police said on Wednesday that the cause of the fire is yet to be determined but they do not believe it to be suspicious after initial inquiries.
The investigation continues.
While you're with us, did you know the Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here.
- Get behind the scenes with the Newcastle Herald's award-winning news photography team
- Leggetts Drive closed near Kurri Kurri after Pelaw Main fatal crash, fire
- Brother Bernard McGrath will be 106 when his jail sentence ends for crimes at Morisset's Kendall Grange school
- Ben Andrews hasn't let Down syndrome stop him working in his dream job
- Accused East Seaham fatal crash driver was allegedly three times over the blood alcohol limit
- Newcastle's Christmas Under the Stars brings musical and movie magic to the holiday season