A SERVICE billed as the only regular shuttle from Newcastle Airport to the city and Hunter Valley has launched.
Hotelier and surgeon Dr Jerry Schwartz, who owns Newcastle Post Office, said the service was likely to most benefit the Hunter Valley.
Timed to connect with airport peak arrivals and departures, the service will leave Dr Schwartz's Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley at 11am daily before stops at the Newcastle Interchange, Novotel Newcastle and Rydges Newcastle.
The services will reach Williamtown at 1.25pm before departing on the return journey at 2.10pm.
"Newcastle Airport has grown its routes significantly in recent years, adding international to its domestic network, but ancillary services to support the tourism growth have lagged behind. The new Newcastle Airport Shuttle will really help us attract more visitors to the region," Dr Schwartz said.
"It will also allow the option of adding a visit to the Hunter Valley for visitors and groups staying in Newcastle.
"Starting a bus service has been a priority of mine for a number of years because the lack of such services has clearly disadvantaged the Hunter Valley region, especially in the conferences and groups market sector.
"We will look to expand the services, but for the meantime we will assess how it goes and look again at schedules after six months."
The service will be $30 per head.
While you're with us, did you know the Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here.
- Get behind the scenes with the Newcastle Herald's award-winning news photography team
- Leggetts Drive closed near Kurri Kurri after Pelaw Main fatal crash, fire
- Brother Bernard McGrath will be 106 when his jail sentence ends for crimes at Morisset's Kendall Grange school
- Ben Andrews hasn't let Down syndrome stop him working in his dream job
- Accused East Seaham fatal crash driver was allegedly three times over the blood alcohol limit
- Newcastle's Christmas Under the Stars brings musical and movie magic to the holiday season