DRIVERS headed north on the M1 Motorway are facing significant delays after a two-truck crash near Sparks Road.
The NSW Transport Management Centre advised about 2.15pm that motorists had been urged to avoid the area.
Northbound traffic is heavy and emergency crews are responding.
Motorists already on the M1 are urged to exit at Sparks Road.
While you're with us, did you know the Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here.
- Get behind the scenes with the Newcastle Herald's award-winning news photography team
- Power company Ausgrid sees lighter side after shifting Wickham's pole
- Dubbo's Taronga Western Plains Zoo to start regent honeyeaters breeding program
- Woman allegedly caught drink-driving while holding unrestrained infant at Jesmond
- NSW government department fails in District Court criminal charges against Hilton Grugeon's Hunter Quarries
- Serene Spirit greyhound euthanised after it was injured in Newcastle race at Birmingham Gardens