A man has been taken to hopsital after a carjack fell while he was under a vehicle near Teralba on Wednesday.
Paramedics were called to the scene just before 12.10pm after reports a 25 year-old man had been involved in an accident.
A NSW Ambulance spokesperson said the man had been underneath a vehicle at on Enterprise Way at Woodrising just south of Booragul when the carjack fell and he became trapped.
The Westpac Rescue Helicopter was initially called to the scene just before 1pm before being called off, the Ambulance spokesperson said.
The vehicle was lifted off the man and he was treated by paramedics at the scene for stern and rib pain before he was taken to John Hunter hospital in a stable condition.
While you're with us, did you know the Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here
IN NEWS TODAY
- Newcastle racecourse, Merewether Golf Club and Hunter Water to meet to discuss wastewater project
- Newcastle MP Sharon Claydon 'gravely concerned' about 'Sugar Babies' claim
- Former St Pius X College teacher Edward 'Ted' Hall to stand trial on indecent assault charges
- Detectives appeal for information as reward declared in suspected murder case of Steven Fenwick
- Suicide rates have risen in Hunter New England region, NSW data shows