A man will appear in court Friday charged over the alleged possession of child abuse material at Lake Macquarie.
Following an investigation, Lake Macquarie Police District detectives executed a search warrant at a Wangi Wangi home on Thursday.
During the search, officers allegedly seized a number of electronic devices containing child abuse material.
The items will be forensically examined.
A 46-year-old man was arrested at the home and taken to Toronto Police Station.
He was charged with use carriage service to access child abuse material, possess child abuse material using carriage service, and possess child abuse material.
The man has been refused bail to appear at Toronto Local Court on Friday.
While you're with us, did you know the Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here
IN NEWS TODAY
- 'No longer guarantee public safety': Lexie's cafe shut as more Stockton cabins to move
- Environment groups slam reported $11 million grant to Vales Point power station
- State finds dredging funds after community outrage over flooding
- Hunter coastline braces for extreme weather this weekend
- The demise of the Reserve Wine Bar: How could Newcastle's premier wine bar fail