Newcastle's cruise ship season has ended prematurely due to the coronavirus outbreak.
The port was expecting to welcome four ships in the coming weeks, but cruise companies have cancelled the voyages.
The cancellations include the Celebrity Solstice and Viking Orion, which were due to arrive on Saturday.
The other scheduled visits were the Voyager of the Seas on Tuesday and Golden Princess on April 4. The ships were to arrive from Sydney after the start of a trip or from Pacific islands.
Port of Newcastle said the cruise operators had advised that their schedules had changed in response to government precautions put in place to limit the spread of COVID-19.
The Port of Newcastle withdrew its small band of cruise ship volunteers last week.
Meanwhile, City of Newcastle says Tuesday night's council committee meetings will go ahead as planned.
Two more Australians died of COVID-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus, over the weekend.
While you're with us, did you know the Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here