Hunter New England Health is providing care and support to another four people who have been diagnosed with coronavirus.
- A man in his 30s who recently returned from the US
- A woman in her 70s who recently returned from Europe via Qatar
- A man and woman in their 30s who attended a wedding on the South Coast where a confirmed case was present.
The total number of cases in the health district as of Wednesday afternoon was 11.
Hunter New England Health is contacting close contacts of the four new cases. They have been asked to self-isolate for 14 days from last contact.
We have removed our paywall from our stories about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we want to ensure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists, you can subscribe here
- The coronavirus crisis in Newcastle and the Hunter
- Newcastle-Sydney flights face chop with airline to make 'brutal' cuts
- How you can help stop the spread of the coronavirus
- Operation COVID-19: How Hunter hospitals are preparing for a surge in cases
- Closing schools is better than 'under-reacting' to COVID-19
- Photos that prove pets are the best coworkers when working from home