Supercars CEO Sean Seamer hopes Newcastle 500 dates won't have to change but says season could go 'deep into summer' after COVID-19 shutdown

MM
By Max McKinney
Updated April 1 2020 - 8:51am, first published 8:30am
ON TRACK: The Supercars on Watt Street during the opening lap of race two at last year's Newcastle 500. Picture: Marina Neil

Supercars boss Sean Seamer hopes the dates of "key events" like the Newcastle 500 won't change but says rescheduling postponed rounds could result in the 2020 season running "deep into summer".

Advertisement

Ad

Advertisement

Ad
MM

Max McKinney

Journalist at Newcastle Herald

Max McKinney is a sports reporter with the Newcastle Herald. He previously worked in news, reporting on local government and transport. He is covering the Newcastle Knights in 2022, along with local sport.

Get the latest Newcastle news in your inbox

Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.

We care about the protection of your data. Read our Privacy Policy.