Daniel Johns is getting back into the groove.
The former Silverchair frontman tweeted: "Magic is Easy, Music is Real".
In recent years, Johns had moved away from guitar-orientated music.
So fans expressed their joy on social media that Johns was showing himself with "a guitar in his hand".
"Oh man, that's an old guitar," one fan said on Instagram.
"Silverchair is back?" another asked.
Others said: "That guitar has been through a lot", "So excited to hear what's coming next" and "Thank you for your music, it's helped me through this quarantine".
Johns signalled last week that he was making a new album, tweeting: "Press record #Album9".
He made five albums with Silverchair, one with the Dissociatives, one with Dreams and a solo album titled Talk.
Earlier this month, Johns tweeted: "Now back to the music", with a photo of an apology from The Sunday Telegraph.
That newspaper had run a front-page story falsely claiming he had been exiting a Sydney brothel named The Kastle. The paper ran a photo of Johns allegedly leaving the venue.
"The story was wrong. Mr Johns was not leaving the brothel and we accept he has never been there at any other time," The Sunday Telegraph stated.
"Mr Johns was in the area because he had been visiting a friend who lived in the vicinity of The Kastle.
"We retract the story and we wish to extend a genuine and public apology to Mr Johns and his family for the error and the harm caused.
"Johns is a highly decorated ARIA award winner with a total haul of 21 awards, including producer of the year ARIA for Silverchair's album Diorama, along with being a three-time winner of Songwriter of the Year at the APRA awards. He has created multiple number one albums as well as scores of chart-topping singles."
The SMH subsequently reported that Johns received almost half a million dollars in a settlement with News Corp, the owner of The Sunday Telegraph.
"Johns received $170,000 in addition to having his legal costs of up to $300,000 covered by the media company," the story said.
Topics reckons it's great to see Johns getting back into creating music.
With all the hand sanitiser being used, some folks' thumbs and fingers have been raw and dry.
Reader Joanne told Topics that her thumb was peeling. As such, her thumbprint no longer worked to unlock her iPhone.
Moisturiser sales, we hear, are going gangbusters.
Not Delivering the Goods
Tony Davis, of Elermore Vale, recently praised his delivery man for always managing to land his Newcastle Herald "within a few feet of my front door".
Bruce Anthony isn't so lucky.
"We live in Douglas Street, Wallsend, and our paper is only rarely delivered onto our property," Bruce said.
"Usually we find it on the public footpath or the grass strip between footpath and gutter, or even on next door's driveway. No effort is made to throw it over our fence and it's not a tall fence. Some days - about one in 20 - we can't find it at all."
Topics reckons Tony's delivery man should start delivering to Bruce's place.
While you're with us, did you know the Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here
- Registered tax agent who stole $240,000 from Hunter company while owner battled cancer pleads guilty to more frauds
- Hunter Catholic schools will resume full time teaching on June 1
- Myer Charlestown likely to reopen by end of week
- Man charged after allegedly biting police officer at Tenambit
- Six new Lake Macquarie skate park designs open to public voting
- Morpeth bridge to close next month as part of nine-month maintenance