Nick Glohe feels like he has unfinished business in the United Kingdom.
The Lakes forward and Scottish international, now back living in Merewether and working as a casual primary school teacher, intends to return to the English Championship one day after his maiden overseas venture was cut short because of coronavirus.
"At this stage that's the plan, to go back," Glohe told the Newcastle Herald.
"The way it all ended so quickly, I feel like I've still got more to give over there and more to prove over there."
Glohe, who played in the 2018 Newcastle Rugby League grand final for the Seagulls and helped the Bravehearts qualify for next year's World Cup, ended his time at Leigh to fly back to Australia in late March when the competition was suspended amid the global pandemic.
The 27-year-old said he left the Centurions, who were unbeaten in the opening four rounds, on "good terms" despite having to give up his contract.
Glohe said he was unsure about going back this year if the English Championship restarted, but relished the "step up" in standard.
Glohe said he would "definitely go back to Lakes" if Newcastle RL goes ahead in 2020 and has already spoken to coach Robbie Payne and captain Shaun Boss.
Meanwhile, the state's community rugby league players have not been given the green light to officially return to training in small groups like other winter codes such as soccer and Australian rules.
NSW Rugby League chief executive David Trodden released a statement on Friday afternoon saying they were "waiting for government approval" and "as previously communicated, we are working on a plan to restart rugby league competitions in July and hope to be able to provide an update by June 1."
A couple of hours earlier the state government's Office Of Sport announced: "NSW state sporting organisations can start training immediately as long as they comply with the current public health orders, including training in maximum groups of 10 people and following the recommended physical distancing measures of 1.5 metres."
While you're with us, did you know the Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here
IN THE NEWS:
- Toohey's News, The Podcast Episode 11: Alex McKinnon
- Council to use building sales to fund Newcastle Ocean Baths upgrade
- NSW eases virus rules to 50-person limit
- Northern NSW Football to return to training from May 27 with new coronavirus guidelines
- Australian coal facing China restrictions
- Hunter Water submits revised plans to increase the capacity of Belmont desalination plant to 30 million litres a day