FIRE crews have extinguished a blaze that threatened a Raymond Terrace property on Monday morning.
Crews from stations including Tarro were called to the Dalyell Way blaze shortly after 7am.
Fire and Rescue NSW said firefighters arrived to find a heat lamp in a bathroom had overheated and caught fire.
They used a thermal imaging camera to ensure the fire had not spread through the structure.
Acting Superintendent Scott Dodson said the fire was a timely reminder that winter was the time to prepare a fire escape plan.
"Now is the time for residents to check they have a working smoke alarm and that all members of the family have an awareness of calling Triple Zero (000) in an emergency," he said.
Separately, two premature babies were raced from Tanilba Bay to hospital on Monday morning in a critical condition.
The Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service said its chopper met ambulances at Stockton, with the critical care team splitting between two ambulances as the children were taken individually to John Hunter Children's Hospital.