MATCH REPORT:Battered Knights suffer 26-16 loss to the Storm
The Newcastle Knights welcome three new faces into Sunday's team following a horror injury toll out of last weekend's upset loss to the Bulldogs.
Chris Randall starts at hooker while utility Phoenix Crossland and forward Josh King come onto the bench for a round-12 clash with the Melbourne Storm on the Sunshine Coast.
Andrew McCullough (hamstring) and Connor Watson (Achilles tendon) both suffered season-ending blows while Sione Mata'utia (ankle) now requires surgery.
Aidan Guerra gets promoted to the No.12 jersey
Knights coach Adam O'Brien comes up against former mentor Craig Bellamy for the second time this season. Newcastle went down 26-12 to the Storm on the Central Coast on June 13.
The Novocastrians (13) are seventh on the competition ladder, one point inside the top eight. Melbourne (18) are sitting equal second.
While you're with us, did you know the Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here
IN OTHER NEWS
- Toohey's News Podcast: The inaugural Knights captain and Kiwi international Sam Stewart
- A-League: McKinna optimistic despite stalled talks with Sydney businessman
- Netball: Last year's finalists record championships wins as Newcastle netball returns
- Rugby Union: Wildfires taught lesson by slick Students in Shute Shield
- Basketball: Hunters hang tight to deny visiting Bankstown by six points