Wyong captain-coach Mitch Williams says he "couldn't have asked for any more" from his players as they maintained their unbeaten record for 2020 with a 22-6 result against Central at St John Oval on Sunday.
The Roos scored five tries to one as they made it four from four to start the Newcastle Rugby League season after joining from the Central Coast competition last month.
"In all honesty I couldn't have asked for any more," Williams said.
"We've had the same effort each week and results come off the back of that."
Wyong led 12-6 at half-time.
Elsewhere on Sunday and Cessnock winger Seaton Reid nabbed a hat-trick as the Goannas secured second spot on the competition ladder by defeating Lakes 32-10 at Cahill Oval.
Saturday saw Western Suburbs jump into the top four with a 30-10 win over the Pickers at Maitland Sportsground.
Souths had the bye.
LADDER: Wyong 10; Cessnock 8; Central, Wests, Souths 6; Lakes 4; Maitland 0.
While you're with us, did you know the Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here
IN THE NEWS:
- TOOHEY'S NEWS: Knights snatch English signing from under Storm's nose
- PODCAST: Scone flyer Darren Albert on life, 1997 premiership and that try
- SPORTING DECLARATION: Can the Jets kick on under coach Robinson?
- A-League: Petratos departure from Jets opens door for Ibini, Boogaard
- AFL Hunter Coast: Muswellbrook Cats withdraw from 2020 season due to coronavirus concerns