Wyong led when it mattered most against Cessnock at Morry Breen Oval on Sunday to skip four points clear on top of the Newcastle Rugby League ladder.
The Roos scored back-to-back tries in the closing stages of the one-versus-two clash and continued their perfect start to 2020 by defeating the Goannas 20-18.
Wyong have now beaten each team in the competition, which they entered after the Central Coast season was cancelled.
The Roos go to 14 points while Cessnock stay on 10.
Elsewhere in round seven and Lakes hooker Nash Birch crossed for multiple tries as the Seagulls accounted for Central 30-18 at St John Oval on Sunday.
The Butcher Boys came within four points during the second half, but the opponents now sit alongside each other in equal fourth on the overall standings.
Souths breezed past the Pickers at Maitland Sportsground on Saturday. The Lions beat the winless hosts 68-0.
Wests had the bye.
LADDER: Wyong 14; Cessnock, Souths 10; Wests 8; Lakes, Central 6; Maitland 2
While you're with us, did you know the Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here
IN THE NEWS:
- SPORTING DECLARATION: Who needs a brown paper bag to flout the salary cap?
- TOOHEYS NEWS: Kieran Foran rumours quashed for good in Newcastle
- NRL: Knights' top four chances in tatters after suffering 30-point loss to Warriors in Tamworth
- Soccer: Matildas representative Emily van Egmond links with West Ham United
- Netball: Nova down West, University beat Souths in round five