POLICE have called for witnesses after a man was repeatedly stabbed by a group of armed attackers.
Just after 7pm Saturday emergency services were called to a car park near a fish co-op at Wolseley Avenue Tacoma, on the Central Coast, to reports a man had been stabbed.
The 24-year-old man was with a group of friends in two separate vehicles in the car park, when a small black-coloured sedan pulled up next to the group.
Four males, described as being teens, armed with various weapons including a knife, a glass bottle and a flick knife, jumped from the car and stabbed the 24 year old in the back, chest and head before fleeing the scene.
The injured man was treated by paramedics before being flown to John Hunter Hospital for surgery. His condition remains serious but stable.
Officers from Tuggerah Lakes police district attended and secured the crime scene. They are seeking help from the public and have called for anyone who was at the fish co-op at Tacoma that may have witnessed the incident or has dash-cam footage, to come forward.
Anyone with information about this incident is urged to contact Tuggerah Lakes Police or Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au.
While you're with us, did you know the Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here
IN THE NEWS:
- Drug driver who caused crash that killed social worker jailed
- Hunter family has seconds to escape car blaze on Wine Country Drive
- Rebel Liberal MP Matthew Mason-Cox says Mike Baird 'done over' by bankers in Newcastle port 'sting'
- Toohey's News, The Podcast Ep. 28: Leo Dynevor
- NPL: Newcastle Olympic go back to basics in battle for finals return