Amelia Denby will have a little each way at Newcastle on Saturday.
The 30-year-old jockey dons the silks for the opening race before taking a more fashions of the field approach for the rest of The Hunter meeting.
"I've got one ride in the first and then a social day, I'm really looking forward to it," Denby said.
On the track, Denby will steer the David Atkins-trained One Step Ahead in the Max Lees Classic (900 metres) for two-year-old maidens.
More from The Hunter: Mark Hughes' runner, Tactical Advantage, 'best by a country mile'
All 13 runners are first-timers with Denby having trialled her filly at Gosford last week on top of normal trackwork at Broadmeadow.
"She ran second in the trial and felt good. She is a nice horse and is one of the betters ones in the race," Denby said.
Denby, who works for trainer Kris Lees and lives with fellow jockey Louise Day at Fletcher, hasn't been booked for this year's The Hunter (1300m) but would love to take part in the $1million feature down the line.
"Absolutely. It would be a dream," she said.
In the meantime, off the track, the New Zealand-born Denby will be watching The Hunter from the stands following a top experience at the inaugural program 12 months ago.
"I came last year and had such a great day. It was a blast. I already had it circled on the social calendar before I knew I had a ride," she said.
Elsewhere on the card and Lees' Perfect Radiance is the TAB fixed odds favourite in the group 3 NJC 3YO Spring Stakes (1600m).
Scone trainer Paul Messara has Leeward jumping from barrier four in the same mile race after the filly won her first run at Muswellbrook earlier this month.
Newcastle trainer Jay Hopkins has entered 2017 Cameron Hanidcap champion Got Unders in the fifth.
While you're with us, did you know the Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here
IN THE NEWS:
- Woman, 29, charged after alleged road rage incident on Hunter Street at Newcastle West
- Cocaine catamaran case: inadequacy appeal against Craig Lembke's sentence fails
- Strike Force Milleara release CCTV after armed robbery at Warners at the Bay in June
- Shortland MP Pat Conroy says Joel Fitzgibbon's climate change position would leave Labor in 'permanent opposition'
- Charlestown MP Jodie Harrison launches attack on Hunter builder Ben Geary for leaving families out of pocket and with 'defect-riddled' homes